Saturday, September 19, 2009

School Days

Teaching is definitely a bittersweet profession; yes I get 2 months 1/2 months out of the year off plus many breaks during the year, but I don't get to walk my babies to their classrooms on the first day of school. Especially, when it's their first day of Kindergarten! I know Corey does a wonderful job walking them in, giving them hugs and encouraging words, and taking the ever-so important pictures, but I absolute H-A-T-E that I cannot be there! And this year was not any easier. I just had to give all my love to the boys before I left. Maddie is on my campus, so I got to walk her to her classroom (which happens to be right next door to mine). I didn't get any pictures of her actually at school on her 1st day of 4th grade, so the ones from home will have to suffice.


This is "the spot" where all 1st day of school pictures are taken.

The boys with Miss Lina, their principal.
Jackson about to go into his classroom on his 1st day of 1st grade.

Cason looks guilty already & he hadn't even started his 1st day of Kindergarten.

The boys ride the bus from the Primary school over to the Elementary every day. That is one of my favorite parts of the day because as they get off the bus they find me, amongst all the other teachers trying to get kiddos on the bus, and give me a big hug. And then, I usually get to hear a little about their day. The first day of school both of the boys told me they didn't want to leave their teachers. That is a great feeling for them and for me! Like I said, teaching is bittersweet. I don't get to walk them to their classrooms on the first days of school, but I get to see them walk off the bus and straight to my arms every afternoon!

No comments: