Friday, September 18, 2009

One Last Hurrah...Times Two

The Cameron Park Zoo opened a new exhibit this summer. I got my dates mixed-up for when the exhibit, featuring Orangutans and Komodo Dragons, opened to the public. I thought it opened on Friday, Aug. 14, which happened to be the last Friday of my summer, but it didn't open until Saturday, the 15th. We missed the opening by less than 24 hours. It's a good thing we have a zoo membership! The kids and I went ahead and went through the zoo since we had already made the drive. It was really hot, but we had fun anyway.
Since we missed the opening of the Asian Rain Forest, Corey and I took the kids back a couple of weekends later to see the orangutans and komodo dragons. The exhibit is beautiful! We only looked at the new exhibit because it was at least 180 degrees outside. None of the Pitts like extreme heat too much, so everyone was okay with it!
Here is one of the three orangutans that live at the Cameron Park Zoo.
The Komodo Dragon is chillin on the branch at the very top right of the picture. Its tail is hanging down off the branch. I was kinda disappointed with the Komodo Dragon. It didn't really do anything!














No comments: