Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Schlitterbahn or Bust

My new found addiction is Craigslist! I love looking to see what people are selling. I have already bought bed frames for the boys' room and Schiltterbahn tickets, and I'm sure I will add more to my list. I was excited about the great deal I got on the bed frames, but I was super-excited about the awesome deal I got on the Schlitterbahn tickets. I got 6 tickets for $125! If we would have purchased our tickets at the park it would've cost us over $200.
We decided to take our trip to Schiltterbahn on a Tuesday. We thought it would be less crowded on a Tuesday than any other day of the week. Because the park opens at 10:00am and the Austin traffic, we decided to go down on Monday and spend the night. The kids were at VBS until 9:00pm on Monday night, so we left straight from church. We had to make a McDonalds pit-stop in Temple because the kids' bellybuttons were beating holes in their backbones. After their bellies were full, the rest of the drive was smooth sailing...er, driving. We arrived at the hotel about 11:00 and it was lights out a short time later.

Tuesday morning we were up and at em' early enough to enjoy some good ole' Chick-fil-A breakfast before the 10:00am opening. The kids were almost too excited to eat, but they managed to get a few bites down.


After breakfast, we made our way to Schlitterbahn! While Corey got the ice chest and swim bags out of the truck, I lathered everyone up with plenty of SPF, and then we were off.





We found a great shaded spot for our ice chest and bags, found our tubes, and then we hit the rides. I was very nervous about this trip. We had never taken the kids to a "real" water park before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. On our first ride, I held on to Jackson's tube until the life guard told me I had to let him go. She told me he would be just fine, and he was. As the day went on, it got more crowded. Corey, Jackson, Madison, & Mason waited 1 1/2 hours for one ride, but that was the longest wait time. Cason decided he didn't want to ride that particular ride, so we hung out at a cool pirate ship. We all had a lot of fun, and not one of us got sunburned(because I was the sunscreen Nazi)!

No comments: