Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Newest Addition to Our Family

It seems like every spring I get "puppy fever." Most of the time, Corey nips that itch in the bud fairly quickly; however, this spring he just didn't scratch my itch. I have been wanting a lap dog for some time now. Rosie, our black lab mix, would love to sit in your lap, but she doesn't fit too well. So, about 3 weeks ago I started researching what kind of dog I would like to sit in my lap. I found several different breeds that I liked, but found a Shih-Tzu listed in the paper that was local and in our price range.

We had to go to Hubbard to pick out our newest family member. Madison heard me talking to Corey about wanting a puppy, so she kind of new what was going on, but the boys didn't have a clue. We knew we wanted a male puppy, and there were only 2 males left. They were both very cute, so it was hard to decide. The boys loved both of them, but still didn't know we were taking one home. They were super excited when they realized what was going on! They couldn't believe we were taking a puppy with us! On the way home, I got out a map that lists all the streets and roads in McLennan County. After much searching & debating we finally decided on Maxwell (aka Max). We still have not come up with his full name for his papers, so if anyone has any cute names I'm open to suggestions! Max has adjusted well to his new home. We too have adjusted to having a puppy in the house. The kids have realized that the floor is Max's territory, and anything left in his territory is fair game. Right now his teeth are not big enough to really tear up anything, except your skin. We are having so much fun with Max! I'm glad Corey decided not to scratch my "puppy itch" this year!


1 comment:

JHP said...

What a cute little fur ball!