Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baby Sitters Club

I had the opportunity to babysit my friends', Jason & Sara Coats, almost 4-month old twin boys, Kyle and Kase. I brought Madison and my niece Mason along for reinforcements, and I am so glad I had them there to help!



Our babysitting job started at 8:30 am. When we arrived Kase was laying on the floor under the activity mat just chillin' and Kyle just had an explosion in his diaper, so he was getting cleaned up. Sara told us the boys usually take a short nap around 9:15 and then they will want to eat around 11:00. I thought "we can handle this" to myself. And we did, but man it wasn't easy! Even Madison said "babysitting is hard work!" I hope she remembers that in the future!

About 9:15, the boys started getting fussy so we decided to try & get them down for a nap. I have seen Sara get the boys to sleep before; she just holds them, sways side, and they go right to sleep. We tried that trick, but it didn't work. I eventually got Kyle to sleep, while Madison was working on Kase. I put Kyle in his boppy to finish out his nap, and to take over getting Kase to sleep for Maddie.

About 5 minutes after I got Kase to sleep, Kyle woke up. I was still holding Kase in the recliner, so Maddie got Kyle and rocked him back to sleep in the other recliner. They both slept for about 20 minutes and then they were wide awake.
We watched them play on their activity mat and sit up like big boys in the Bumbo chair. We played peek-a-boo, and the girls carried them around like baby dolls until it was time to eat.



Lunch time proved to be another challenge! Maddie tried her best to hold Kyle in the recliner and give him his bottle, but she just wasn't big enough. So, she moved him to the bouncy seat and fed him there, while I gave Kase his bottle in the recliner. Those Coats boys can eat! They sucked down those 4 ounce bottles in no time. Once, they finished eating we played some more until Sara got home. By this time, they were getting pretty fussy because they only took a short nap. As soon as Sara took Kyle from me, she put him in the going to sleep hold and he was out in about 2 seconds. She put him down in the boppy and proceeded to do the same with Kase. It's amazing the bond mothers have with their babies! Taking care of those sweet babies was work, but so worth it. I needed a baby-fix and that took care of it!

1 comment:

Sara Coats said...

Its hard to tell who had more fun... you guys or the boys?! Thanks again for watching them. I really enjoyed my morning with the ladies. I just love that they have so many people in this world who love them. Thanks guys!