Thursday, July 9, 2009

Camping 101

Camping out is really NOT my thing, unless I am in a camper with A/C, toilet, shower, cushioned bed, etc. I have never camped in a tent, and hope I don’t ever have to. Call me crazy, but sleeping in a hot tent, along with thousands of creepy crawlies, doing my business on the ground, and showering who knows where does not sound like fun to me! So needless to say, my kids are not campers either. I think they have the desire, but know that their mom is not cool enough for it. My reasoning behind their hidden camping desire is shown below.

The kids created a tent using every blanket and chair they could find. This kid-made tent was constructed smack-dab in the middle of our living room. Our living room could possibly be the smallest living room around, so this tent took up every bit of available space. Since I’m not cool enough to camp outdoors with the kids, I let them keep their tent up to sleep in. As you can see in the picture, Cason chose not to sleep inside the tent, but on top of the tent! When I woke up, I found him sound asleep on top of the table. He even had is flashlight ready for any invaders of the camp sight. You gotta love the imagination of kids!


1 comment:

Sara Coats said...

We loved making tents in the living room when we were little! They were the best! I can remember using couch cushions too! How fun!