Saturday, October 23, 2010

Put Your Guns Up

If you told me that I would ever say "put your guns up," I would tell you that you were crazy! I am very indifferent about Texas Tech; I don't root for or against the Red Raiders, unless they are playing Baylor or the Ags. However, we have some friends, Larry, Stacy, & Levi Hobbs, who have their "guns up" every day of the year. These sweet friends invited Jackson to fly with them to Lubbock to watch Texas Tech play football. Larry's dad has his pilot's license & owns a 10-passenger plane, so he flew everyone to Lubbock and back. Jackson was so excited to a) get to fly in an airplane, b) go to Texas Tech football game, & c) get to spend time with his good friend, Levi. I was a little nervous about Jackson going because he had never flown before, but he was fine and a good time was had by all! He came home with a Red Raider jersey, a new Texas Tech t-shirt, and his guns still up. Jackson now has another college to add to his collection. When someone asks who we root for, we just say we are a family of many colleges:)
Levi & Jackson boarding the plane for the flight to Lubbock
Jackson waiting to take off

Jackson experiencing his first landing. I think his face says it all!
On the flight home, he got to sit in the cockpit with Mr. Hobbs. He even got to be in the cockpit when the plane landed. Jackson decided that flying is a much better way to travel! Thanks to the Hobbs for the trip of a lifetime for our little man!!!!

1 comment:

Stacy Hobbs said...

Ahh! I just saw this. Such a cute blog! We miss y'all!

Stacy