Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Boys of Fall

Kenny Chesney's new song "The Boys of Fall" hits the nerve of anyone who has ever watched or played Friday-night football. I'm not an emotional person, but this song even brought tears to my eyes! The age my boys are at right now is where the "football feeling" begins. Evidently, this "football feeling" is one like no other, and one that you can't understand unless you've felt it. I think it is comparable to the feeling a mother has for her child. Whatever the feeling is, I am so happy that I get to witness where it began for my boys! So, here's to "The Boys of Fall."

Jackson is playing for the Buccaneers, which is a 7-9 year old flag team, and Cason is playing for a 5-6 year old flag team, the Gators. Corey is coaching Cason's team this year, and one of our good friends, Paul, is coaching Jackson's team.
Carter, Jackson, & Cason pose for a pre-football game picture. Lucky for Gram, Carter & Cason are on the same team. Now she only has 3 games to watch every Saturday instead of 4:)

I so wish I could've gotten good video of this! As the huddle is swaying back & forth, Cason is yelling "Who are we?" and the team is yelling back "Gators." After several times of Cason asking & the team replying, Cason yells "Say it loud & proud!" and the team responds quite loudly "Gators!" They were too cute!!!
Jacob, Cason, & Carter are discussing the game plan.

Believe it or not, Cason is the quarterback for the Gators. And if I do say so myself, he can throw the heck out of the ball. This picture was the very first play of the game. Cason got the snap, handed it off to Jacob (#15), and Jacob ran all the way down the field for a touchdown! Way to go Cason & Jacob!!!
Cason is also an aggressive defensive player. He was a flag-pulling machine!

High fives and shakes were all around because the Gators defeated the Bears 12-6

Each football team has a cheerleading squad that will cheer for them at every game. The Gator cheerleaders were awesome! They had football signs with each player's name on it and they passed out a goody bag to each player after the game. Those cheerleaders must know that the way to any football player's heart is with food!


Jackson also played his first game on Saturday, and it just happened to be at the exact same time as Cason's first game. Corey is on the board of the Future Lorena Football league, and he is the board member who created the game schedule. One would think he would've scheduled our kids' games at different times;) It was very difficult trying to watch two games at once. Oh well, that just meant we had more of the day.
Jackson is right behind the blond in front. This huddle is a little more attentive to the coach than the Gator's huddle!

Jackson is ready for some defense! I don't really know the defensive too well, so I can't tell what position he played. Okay, I don't really know the offensive positions either, so I can't tell you what offensive position he played as well! I do know the quarterback handed the ball off to him in the video below. He ran with the ball & then tried to pitch it to another player, but that player dropped the ball. Hopefully, when I only have one game to watch I can get better pictures and video.

So, there they are...my boys of fall. We all got the "football feeling" and it was only the first week! We cannot wait for week 2!!!

1 comment: