Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday America

To celebrate America's birthday, Papa Bob cooked a yummy pork loin for all of us to enjoy at Mamaw & Papa's house. After dinner, we all went to White Bluff at Lake Whitney for the rest of the evening. The fireworks show wasn't supposed to begin until 9:15, so Corey & the kids took advantage of the huge swimming pool for a while.

Once the kids were done swimming, they moved on to the playground. Maddie & Jackson were tolerant of my constant picture-taking & smiled for the camera.

Cason, on the other hand, ran everytime he saw me coming with the camera. This was the best shot I got of him as he was running away from me.
As we were sitting on the park benches watching the kids play, a fawn crept onto the playground. He looked like a statue standing among the jungle gym. If my camera battery hadn't died, I wouldv'e snapped a picture of him.

Around 9:00 we made our way to our to the spot where we were going to watch the fireworks show. About 9:30, the show finally began. It was an awesome show & was a great way to say Happy Birthday, America!



No comments: