Friday, October 16, 2009

There's Only One Fair...

...and it comes to town in October. That's what my Dad used to tell my sister and I, and now tells my kids, when we said something wasn't fair. So every time the Heart O' Texas Fair & Rodeo comes to town, I think of that saying. Thanks, Dad!
The kids & I were out of school for Columbus Day, so we met Corey & headed out to the HOT Fair Grounds to have some good ole' carnival-style fun. Madison brought her friend Hailey along so there would be an even number for riding purposes.

Jackson is definitely the dare-devil in the bunch. He wanted to ride every ride that the carnies brought! Thankfully, he wasn't tall enough to ride the ones that scared me the most. He was tall enough to get on the alien ship-looking ride that spins you around so fast that you stick to the walls, while not being strapped in at all! He was the only one that wanted to ride this particular ride, and I was not going to let him ride by himself. Lucky for Jackson, we found some 7th grade Lorena boys to ride with him. Even though he wasn't alone, I still had to walk away while the ride was going. I've got a feeling this won't be the last time I have to walk away from something Jackson is doing!


While Jackson was riding the alien ship ride, Cason decided that the motorcycles were more his speed. I'm sure this won't be his last ride on a motorcycle either.

Hailey was definitely the biggest chicken of the bunch. Madison convinced her to ride a few of the rides that she probably would not have ridden on her own. The faces that Hailey made were priceless; I wish I could have captured them on camera! Somehow all 4 of them decided that the Tower of Terror was a good choice. They waited in line, found the perfect seat, and up they went. Once they got to the top, they came flying down at a rate of speed that may have made my heart stop. Once again, priceless faces were made, but not able to be caught on camera.

I think the kids had a great time, but I'm glad that the fair only comes to town once a year!

No comments: