Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jax & Cason Get Wet-n-Wild

On Wednesday, May 27, Jackson and Cason got wet and wild at Lorena Primary's Wet-N-Wild Day!


The festivities started at 10:00am. On any normal late May morning the temperature would be 80 degrees by 10:00am, but not on Wet-N-Wild Day. Rain and a cool front came in and it was 68 degrees when I got out of the car at ten til. I was cold just standing outside waiting for the kids to come out, so I knew those babies were going to freeze once they got in the water. Each class rotated through different stations, like water slides, wading pools with water toys, the Lorena VFD firetruck spraying water, etc. I started out the day watching Cason play in the water, and he loved it and was not the least bit cold!
Jackson, on the other hand, did not like being cold at all! He participated in the first few stations and then he was done. He stayed wrapped up in his towel until the sun came out awhile later.





As Cason's class neared the end of the rotations, they were all pretty worn out. Most of them spread their towels out on the pavement and laid in the sun. Cason is the one curled up in a ball with his towel on his on the bottom left.


The boys had a wet-n-wild time, but I think the best part of their day was when they got to leave school at 12:00. On most of their party days, field trip days, or any other special day, they have to stay at school because I have to go back to school. I took the whole day off, so we all got to go home! I had a great day with my boys!!!

No comments: