Friday, November 7, 2008

Cason Strikes Again!!!

My Papa Bob's 85th birthday was this past Tuesday, November 4th. Every Wednesday my family eats together at Bubba's, the local (okay only) cafe in Lorena. When we eat on Wednesday, we also celebrate any birthdays that have happened within the week. My mom usually brings some kind of dessert for the birthday celebration. Being the nice person that I am, I decided that I would bring the dessert for Papa Bob's birthday. After much pondering, and advice from my mom, I decided I would fix Sopapilla Cheesecake. So Wednesday afternoon I got home from school & immediately started preparing the cheesecake. I set the oven to 350 degrees, like the recipe calls for, and got it all together. I put it in the oven, set the timer, and began doing all the things I normally do on any given afternoon, i.e. help with homework, throw a load of laundry in, get clothes ready for the next day, etc. Twenty minutes later, I heard the timer go off, and started smelling a really burnt smell. When I opened the oven, I realized that something had gone terribly wrong. The Sopapilla Cheesecake was burnt to a crisp! I looked at the oven trying to figure out what went wrong; and then it all became perfectly clear. As I was running around getting things done, and possibly watching a few minutes of Oprah, Cason decided he needed a snack. The bucket of Halloween candy was on the counter right next to the stove. When Cason climbed on the counter to get to the Halloween candy, he turned the knob to the oven up to 500 degrees! I quickly put the pan out in the garage, so the whole house wouldn't smell like burnt cream cheese, and then started looking for something else to fix for my Papa's 85th birthday celebration. Of course, I had nothing else to fix! So, on the way to dinner we stopped at good ole' Brookshire's and picked up a store bought cake. I give up on cooking/baking! Every time I try, something goes wrong, and most of the time Cason is involved!!!

1 comment:

Sara Coats said...

But, he's so cute!!!!!